The end of the semester is rapidly approaching, and we have just a few weeks to conclude our work on the Persuasive Oral Presentation. Here’s how we’ll spend our time between now and finals week:
- Week 14, Tuesday: I will hold brief conferences with each team, and you will have the remainder of our class session to meet with your team. Please bring two things to your conference: (1) Your team’s completed presentation storyboards. (2) A rough sketch of your team’s one-page handout. Before your team leaves for the break, everyone should know exactly what role he or she is playing during the presentation.
- Week 14, Thursday: Thanksgiving Day; no classes.
- Week 15, Tuesday: We will discuss procedures for the oral presentations and your team will have time to rehearse its presentation. (Please note that this should not be your only rehearsal!)
- Week 15, Thursday: We will enjoy presentations by Team 5 and Team 3. If time allows, we will complete course evaluations.
- Finals Week: Our final will be held Tuesday, December 7, at 9:00 a.m. We will enjoy presentations by Team 2, Team 4, and Team 1. In addition, you will submit your team evaluation forms for Unit #4.
If you have any questions about these plans, please let me know. I will gladly make myself available to review your documents, help you rehearse for your presentation, etc…